Finally! A dairy-free pumpkin spice oat milk creamer in response to Starbucks’ Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew.
I have to admit: I. LOVE. PUMPKIN. SEASON. L-O-V-E.
However, I am a fall purist. I love the anticipation of crisp weather and I savor those comforting, warming, familiar flavors when appropriate. I do not approve of the pumpkin season getting pushed earlier and earlier. (Looking at you, Starbucks).
Alas, this year I’ve fallen into the early fall trap. I blame it on Starbucks’ Pumpkin Cream COLD BREW. From June 21 to September 21, I take my coffee iced. SO, Combine the Iced Coffee Season + the Pumpkin Season and we have this glorious transitional beverage. I’m learning to accept it as a blessing.
When I went dairy-free, finding a replacement for my heavy cream was tough. The store-bought creamers tend to be laden with additives (even the organic ones). Sugar, gums, preservatives, emulsifiers…all things I wasn’t willing to add to my daily diet.
When it comes to coffee, oat milk is a perfect companion. It offers a creaminess similar to dairy, and a subtle flavor profile. However, many oat milks are little more than toxic sugar water. [I recently have tackled the complexities of oat milk as a processed food product.]
ENTER: Willa’s Oat Milk. Willa’s uses the whole grain oat to produce a nutrient-dense alternative milk that is higher in fiber, higher in protein, lower in sugar, and free of toxic oils and additives. Read all about WHY here.
My at-home version of pumpkin creamer is DAIRY-FREE, SUGAR-FREE, GUM-FREE, PHOSPHATE-FREE… it’s just better for you.
Want to make your life EVEN simpler? I sometimes freeze this into ice cubes. Then, I pop out an ice cube and add a single serving right into my mug. (Note: it will cool down your coffee juuuust enough. But, if you’re into piping hot coffee, melt the creamer cube in the microwave just before pouring coffee)
The pumpkin spice is decadent! However, there are a lot of options. This recipe also works very well with just vanilla. Or vanilla and cinnamon. For sweetness, try adding a tablespoon of maple syrup or honey or a few drops of liquid stevia.
Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Oat Milk Creamer
- 2 cups (16 oz) Willa’s Organic Barista Oat Milk
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice or Cinnamon
- 1 Vanilla Bean (or 1 tsp Vanilla)
- 1 tsp Liquid Stevia or Monk Fruit (optional)
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Warm Oat Milk in a small saucepan over low heat
- Slice Vanilla Bean lengthwise, Add to saucepan (or stir in Vanilla Extract)
- Add pumpkin puree, spices, and sea salt
- Gently simmer 15-20 minutes. Allow Vanilla and Spices to infuse into Oat Milk
- Strain out vanilla bean pod and sweeten as desired
- Store in a glass jar, refrigerate up to one week. (Or Freeze into individual ice cube tray servings)
You May Also Like: