Pumpkin is such a perfect pairing for gluten-free baking. Often, GF flours tend to be very dry and tasteless. However, pumpkin add moisture and gives breads, muffins, and cakes a “normal” texture.
I used a combination of Oat Flour (which is JUST ground whole oats) and Almond Flour (JUST almond meal). Many gluten-free flours use gums and starches. These are helpful for mimicking the binding quality of gluten, but I found unnecessary for this type of sweet bread.
The less-processed and closer-to-whole-food my diet can be, the better I feel.
This bread isn’t overly sweet, but I put chocolate on EVERYTHING…. so there was no exception here. I didn’t add them into the batter, but simply sprinkled sugar-free chocolate chips on top! Scrumptious!
Gluten-Free Almond + Oat Pumpkin Bread
- 2 cups Whole Oat Flour (or 3 cups ground rolled oats)
- 1 cup Almond Flour (Almond Meal)
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ cup Willa's Oat Milk
- ½ cup Maple Syrup (or Honey)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (or Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup Chocolate Chips (Optional, for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, oat milk, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Mix dry ingredients: oat flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt to combine evenly.
- Next, add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and mix until totally combined. The batter will be sticky.
- Line a bread dish with parchment paper. (Spray paper for even easier clean up). Add mixture to lined bread pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top if using.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool COMPLETELY before slicing.
Shop this recipe:
I also get a lot of my baking staples from THRIVE MARKET.
New to Thrive Market? It is an online marketplace for healthy foods, home products, clean beauty, pet supplies, and more. Low Prices and great discounts on top brands like EPIC, Primal Kitchen, Siete, and Wild Planet. I shop my pantry essentials regularly from Thrive Market to save money. Some of my favorites include: Coconut Oil, Collagen Peptides, Maple Syrup, Cashew Butter, and Sardines.
Join today and save 25% on your first order!!