Air-fryer crunchy roasted chickpeas are a perfect anytime snack, or topping for salads, soups, and curries. They are super easy to make, tasty, and nutritious!
I’m a big fan of chickpeas. They are a very versatile legume that can be sweet or savory depending on your preferences. I’m typically mixing them with peanut butter into a Chickpea Cookie Dough, using them as a secret ingredient in Chickpea Blondies, or adding them to a smoothie for extra fiber.
This winter I’ve found more and more reasons to incorporate crunchy chickpeas as the ‘crunch’ on a salad. They go soooo well with Kale Caesar! Whether you’re adding these little gems to a meal or simply indulging as a snack, these Air-Fried Crunchy Chickpeas are so easy! I like them way better than many of the store bought crunchy snacks because I prefer to use Olive Oil or Avocado Oil and avoid inflammatory seed oils.
Related: AIP-Lemon Coconut Balls
Most often, I’m using savory chili spice, harissa seasoning, or taco seasoning. However, you can make a sweet treat with cinnamon and maple syrup, too!
Chickpeas are low in fat, high in fiber, have a bit of protein, and contain micronutrients like magnesium and potassium.
HOW TO MAKE AIR-FRYER CRUNCHY CHICKPEAS:
- Prepare the chickpeas. I’ve had great luck cooking dried chickpeas in my Instant Pot. However, you can also used canned chickpeas. You’ll want to rinse and drain the chickpeas. Lay them flat and gently pat dry to absorb the excess moisture.
- Season them up. You’ll need about a tablespoon of oil and a tablespoon of spices. Chili spice works great, Cinnamon makes a sweeter treat, or a combination of the two makes a really interesting Sweet-Spicy mix.
- Cook in the Air-Fryer until crunchy. I find that about 14 mins at the ‘high’ function of 390 degrees is perfect. Make sure to shake the basket often to prevent burning. If you don’t have an air-fryer you CAN make these in the oven. Simply roast on a baking sheet at 425 for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently. ((I LOVE MY AIR-FRYER: SHOP MY FAVE))
- Storage note: Once cooled, keep these in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. I find that when kept in the fridge they get a little too soft. I prefer a mason jar in the pantry; but they rarely last too long before I eat them all up!
Make an Easy, Quick Topping or Snack with Air-Fryer Crunchy Chickpeas!
My favorite canned chickpeas are from Thrive Market. I can find organic, canned chickpeas at a great price. I always stock up in my Thrive Market boxes!
Air-Fryer Crunchy Chickpeas
- Air Fryer
- 1 can Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1 tbsp Spice Blend (see notes)
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Lay flat and gently pat dry.
- Toss chickpeas with oil and spices in a mixing bowl.
- Add seasoned chickpeas to the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook on high (390) for 14 minutes, shaking frequently throughout.
- Allow to cool, store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- 1/2 Tablespoon Chili Powder + 2 Teaspoon Cumin + 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder + 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon + 1 Teaspoon Cayenne + 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cinnamon + 1/2 Tablespoon Maple Syrup + 1 Teaspoon Salt
Why I Prefer Homemade Snacks:
You May Also Like:
Shop This Article:
DISCLAIMERS: The statements made on this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. You assume full responsibility for how you use this information. Always consult with your physician or other health professionals before making any diet or lifestyle changes. This post may contain affiliate links whereby if you purchase these products I receive a small percentage of the sale price. This allows me to keep the blog running and I thank you for allowing me to do that!